Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Staying at Beside the Point

IMG_0126I spent three nights at Beside the Point, the hotel attached to the Tamboo Bar & Grill.  I was a little concerned that noise from the bar would keep me awake, but it really was not a problem.  They had a band one night that finished about 9:00 PM then had music until very late (way past my bed time!).  My room was on the front side of the building and I could barely hear the music. The air conditioner probably helped because it offered some background white noise.
My room (#3) is the door to the left of the white car.  As you can see I was only about 50 steps from the bar, and 60 steps from the beach.
The room was no frills but clean and comfortable.  it had a TV (never turned it on), a small refrigerator, private bath with shower, air conditioner, and a full size bed.  It also had plenty of electrical outlets for charging personal electronics. 
IMG_0125
My only criticisms are the lack of coin operated washer and dryer for guests, and the early morning visits by various delivery trucks and garbage pickup.  Each morning at about 7:00 AM the recycling truck would arrive, bringing with it the crashing sounds of barrels of glass bottles being dumped into the truck.  A few minutes later the normal garbage truck would stop by, and after that delivery trucks for the bar and restaurant.  I was up most days before 7:00 AM, but on the last day I tried to sleep.  That was a futile exercise because of the noise.

The view from the Tamboo was great.  It was relaxing just to sit on the deck sipping a beer and watching the waves, the palm trees blowing in the breeze, and the surfers.
IMG_0134
IMG_0144

No comments: