Monday, January 4, 2010

Thursday Notes (New Years Eve)

Woke up early in the trees to the sounds of birds, frogs, and other unknown critters.

Cold shower (damn solar hot water heater). Percolated a pot of coffee on the gas burner and drank it upstairs.

Ate a quick breakfast and headed into town. The waves looked good at Marias beach so I rented a board for 1/2 a day. Paddling out through the breakers was very hard - once out there I had to rest for 15 minutes before attempting my first wave. The waves were still pretty big; well over my head. A couple of times I got slammed by an early breaker.

Picked up some sea urchin splines and a coral cut on my way back in about 1:00. Cleaned up and changed, then went back to la Tropical for the lunch special: culeta frita con frijoles, arroz, y platanos maduros (2 fried pork chops, red beans & rice, and plantains) for $5.25. I could hardly eat it all!



Back the tree house for a siesta, then to Surf's Up Coffee shop for afternoon coffee, internet, and a chance the charge up my camera and laptop batteries. Met the owner Joe Souza from CT. He's been here 12 years and has been investing in property and various small businesses. He would be a great resource for vacation rentals in the future.

Watched sunset from the tree house, then headed into town for New Years Eve. Details about the evening are on another post.

- - - - -
Sent from my smart phone

No comments: